Sunday, February 23, 2014

Why Your Vacation Needs A Vacation






So today is the last day of February Vacation and I'm in denial that I have to go back to work tomorrow (insert pity party for one here).

I always tend to enjoy this vacation a little more than any others, just because it's not filled with event after event.  Don't get me wrong, I love the holidays, but sometimes it can feel like they're over in an instant and I'm left wondering where the time went.  Often times during "Winter" Break I feel like I've crammed so much into a small amount of time and I haven't really had time to do the things I want to do.  Hence why I feel like each vacation you take needs a day or two just for you.  Spend the day in bed, don't schedule anything, and watch crappy TV if you want.  Make breakfast, savor the day, and enjoy doing nothing.  These are the days that allow you to really recharge and connect with yourself.  So next vacation make sure you dedicate a day to you, doing what YOU want.  Whatever that looks like.  It'll help to appreciate the days that are filled with things to do and not wind up wondering what you actually with your precious time.

No comments:

Post a Comment