Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Older I Get, the Less Cool I Feel



Image via Pinterest

So I somehow got sucked into going through all of my Facebook photos... and I mean ALL of them... and now I'm left with this feeling of disappointment.  Those 438 photos have become a reminder of how cool I used to be.

There was a time in my life when I didn't care what anyone thought, where I went out all the time, and where I enjoyed being around people all the time.  These days my life is much different and I'm struggling with this as I inch closer and closer to 30.

Is this what happens when you become an "adult," move out, start a career (not a job), and have real life bills?  Jesus I hope not.

My late 20s have become this weird limbo where I yearn for marriage, a house, and a child on the one hand, and nostalgically remember the times where I was the sassy, tattooed, butt smoking, listens to metal chick.

I feel like we can lose ourselves very easily if we're not paying attention and that just may have happened to me.  I've been so busy with work, moving, and trying to plan for the future, that I forgot the parts of who I used to be that I liked.  So thank you, Facebook, for that kick in the ass.  I promise to be cooler before it's too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment